07-01-2019, 08:52 PM   #23
gtenedio
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '%E2%80%9909 e92 m3, '19 X3, %

Quote:
Originally Posted by f90_FTW View Post
I've called pure turbos myself last week. poking around asking some questions. They told me they have only sold 2 or 3 900 series platform turbos for the f90, also when i asked who should tune the car after I bought the turbos they were scattered and flustered all over the place with no real answer.

Doesnt really seem like they know whats going on. They have a product, which is the easiest part of the puzzle; Better turbos. But nothing else. No clear path of how to optimize them within the car.

Too early to buy turbo upgrades. If it wasnt too early, trust me I would have had them a month ago.

Your just gonna end up being someones guinea pig. Ya they'll figure it out, after taking a bunch of risks with your car, and even then will it make power....? Sure it will... Will it be fully optimized.. no.

there's always a tuner that can tackle this. at the end of the day, we're just talking bigger turbos- its not rocket science. the science is in the tuning.
the DME pure turbos car seems to still be on the streets, so all is well so far, i assume.

but i do agree that theres no reason to be a guinea pig unless a shop like DME is going to sponsor.
there's a reason why these tuners who already tune/have f90's aren't pushing the envelope yet. I think this will all change was BM3 releases (if ever) their flash for the platform. then you'll have guys like carey on the f80 platforms dialing in all sorts of custom tuning for turbos, fuel, e85, etc.

sooo, who's going to take the leap on this...?