gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
Wise words. I borrowed an RS6 for a day to see if I could warrant changing our Disco for it (and buying an old Defender to do our slog work and not buying M3). Two things struck me - it was totally devoid of any character - just was ruthlessly fast which I suppose is okay but not what we (I) wanted. Also the ride was bloody awful. Second was our local dealer - you would have thought they might actually make a fair margin on these and thus be interested in our business having finally agreed to give us a car for the day (that took a LOT of negotiation). Nope - could give a sh*t about closing the deal.

Back to BMW (for better or worse).
Yeah I drove a friends I loved the looks and interior (although the seats aren't as good as the M multifunction ones) everything is very refined and you can see the attention to detail I was quite excited, until I turned the wheel into the first corner as there is just nothing to feel.

Very quick from a standing start though and looks the business, he adores it but he's very much an Audi man.
Just made me numb. Ultimate family wagon at speed? Not sure. I'd never want to have my kids in back at those kind of speeds that it's capable of (and only then do you appreciate its ability). Came away with upmost respect but a no for us.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0