02-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #18
bkz4mc
Mars Bitches... Red Rocks !
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
you may know what your talking about but you did Not know any facts about the ebay headers. you had a few but thats it.
Maybe so... time will tell I guess. True though, I could have researched the ebay headers a little more, but one thing I really don't believe is that they're 304 stainless for that price. Quality stainless is expensive. There's plenty of different grades of stainless steel, just because they say it's stainless ( if they in fact do ), it doesn't mean it's 304. Ikea makes stainless cutlery that rusts right

A lot of the people that have the ebay headers probably wouldn't even know if they're cracked or not because they don't even work on their own cars. Let alone know how poorly they really fit on the car, and what had to be done to make them fit if they had a shop install them. Cuz you and I both know that a small shop isn't gonna tell you the true dirty details of how the install went if it wasn't too easy, or if they had to use a hammer & torch to bend your new header to fit.

One more thing, the statement, "once they're bolted down it isn't a problem", is a problem. If the tubing is being stressed from tension, from being "bolted down into place", then is heated up, cooled down, over and over, what do you think will ultimately happen ? The steel will stretch, which can result in cracking of the tubing or flanges.

Anywho... I think I've made my point. It's all about the quality build and fit for me. I like buying something once, and not having to replace it. Sorry if I offended any e-bay header owners, I was just listing the reasons why I wouldn't get them personally.
Appreciate 0