bkz4mc
Mars Bitches... Red Rocks !
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdm4k View Post
fabspeed?

bank is broken. ebay headers are $200 and have been proven by fellow board members here that they work well, especially at the price you pay.
Dude... your point on cost is understood... however. I think you're missing the point on us wanting to buy a quality header. The only cons to a quality built / designed stainless steel SS or other quality brand header are cost.

The cons to ebay headers are....

1. Made out of shitty thin-wall steel = Causing them to crack a lot easier, & rust easily
2. Probably not welded very well = Causing them to crack due to poor weld penetration.
3. Unflush & uneven flanges = Doesn't seal properly causing loss of power.
4. Copied instead of designed = The person ripping it off probably doesn't realize ( or care ) that if they change anything tubing design wise... it causes a LOSS in power.
5. Look inside the merge collectors and see how smooth they are and if any toothpaste welds are in there as well. If they are... it's making a LOSS in power.
6. If they're Jet Coated, they'll crack easier, because the thin steel can't handle the extra heat, just like if you were to wrap them with header tape.

And last but not least.... Because I don't want a cheap piece of sweatshop crap on my car. It's a nice car, that should be accented with nice parts. Not some hunk of shit you'd put on a civic.

If you want a cheap e-bay knockoff, so be it. It's understandable not everyone will be able to drop 2+K on a header, and that's totally cool. But don't sit here and insinuate that it's the same shit... cuz it ain't.
Appreciate 0