Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
No, they don't. The only feed for the safety systems is from the windshield mounted camera. They do not Use the cameras that generate the images for the top view. My F10 has lane departure, etc, but not top view cameras.

You are correct that the top view projects an image on the screen of course.

You're mixing up my points. My only initial point was that yes, the top view AND the side view cameras CAN and DO project images. I have seen it in coded 335i's. I know what I'm talking about.

As for Blind Spot Detection......

....How would a windshield mounted camera alert me to a car in my rear blind spot???? Logically it wouldn't! The rear PDC sensors determine that there is a car there and the little triangle on the mirror illuminates. I've played around with many 335i's with these features (..most of them coded). It may differ in the 5, but I know what I'm talking about with a 3. We have full blown 'Coding Meets' and I've seen what the car can and can't do once coded.
Look, I'm not here to get into a debate. Your initial post said that they assist with the other systems. They do not. That was my only point, that the side and top view cameras are not incorporated into any of the safety or assist systems. They are for providing the images in the display only.

The blind spot assist uses radar sensors in the rear bumpers. It does not use any cameras at all.
Appreciate 0