View Single Post
      11-22-2020, 07:11 PM   #17
Jonathan G.
Rep
Drives: CLS55 AMG , Audi S6 Presige, F

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterFUSE View Post
I get rattles from the dash when I hit bumps in the road. Seem to be coming from behind the instrument cluster, or maybe from the HUD. Really annoying for a car of this caliber, especially when it was happening while still new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subterFUSE View Post
I get rattles from the dash when I hit bumps in the road. Seem to be coming from behind the instrument cluster, or maybe from the HUD. Really annoying for a car of this caliber, especially when it was happening while still new.
I had a terrible cheap sounding crack over any sharp bump or pavement expansion joints.
I thought it was coming from the dash but it turned out to be from the plastic lid over the steering column that has a pair of hinges that allow this steering wheel column top flapped cover to move when one adjusts the steering wheel heiihhtand telescoping. The flap cover was out of one of the two tracks and was the source of most of my rattling that resolved on fixing it.
There are still a few dashboard rattles in the M5 that are not present in my 2013 Audi S6 with over 80k miles which is disappointing!
Appreciate 0