View Single Post
      08-22-2017, 01:12 PM   #81
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern X5M View Post
The new M5 is a miss for me as a current M5 owner, nothing worth dropping another $140K for. That also goes for BMW's entire stable, I am looking to get another vehicle in the next 12 months and there is nothing exciting from the brand. I've had to spend good money to just keep the M5 entertaining.
Interesting to hear another long time F10 M5 owner agree with me on this. I also feel their entire lineup is not compelling me with the exception of 2 possible models. I am looking forward to seeing the new ///M8, as there will be no more M6 for quite some time, and I am actually looking forward to the new G20 3-Series, or more specifically I am quite interested in the new 2019 G20 M340i if they bring it here to the United States with a Manual Transmission option. I have a feeling that the new G20 3-Series will look good. I am a bit weird though. I absolutely love the G11 7-Series but am not excited at all about the G30 5-Series, so I am thinking that new 3-Series might surprise me. The new M340i is supposed to be getting the updated B58 engine with 355hp which I think will make an excellent daily driver on those days I want to save miles on the M5. Here's to hoping! Oh and I also think the ///M8 will be a moot point for me anyways as I expect a fully loaded one to exceed $170k and I may as well shop for a McLaren 570GT for that kind of money.

Appreciate 0