11-30-2021, 10:48 AM   #12
OrlandoVol
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i, '10 335i, '13 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
This.

I don't think we made any great effort in hiding where the hardware is coming from as its pretty apparent. So yes, common hardware but the mapping is indeed a bit different.

Its another option in the marketplace is all. I thought we did a pretty good job at pricing it so it fit into the product landscape and offered some compelling thought for those looking for an inline tuner though.

As far as the Dinan warranty goes -- decision has been made a while back that going forward only the Dinan+ Flashes will be carrying the factory matching warranty on the engine/ECU tuning front. There will be no new piggybacks that carry the a factory matching warranty. Will just be a product only warranty on the device itself.
I ordered mine directly through DINAN, and am super pumped for it to show up tomorrow.

To follow up on your above comments, and obviously if you can’t say I understand based on whatever agreement you have with another company — that being said, is there anything you can share in regards to how this differs from the “other” product?

Are the tuning maps completely original and tested/developed in house at Dinan?

Or is this essentially the same maps? Same maps with “tweaks”?

While I am certainly aware that I am going into this without the same protection that the DINAN+ flashes provide in regards to warranty — there is a part of me that wonders why this difference exists.

I am putting my faith and trust in the reputation that your company has maintained for decades, and I’d assume that the decision to put your name on something would indicate that this is a product that you all feel confident in — but I can’t help think that there must be some reason why the same warranty is not being extended.

Thanks,
Matt
Appreciate 0