pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Level Auto Brokers View Post
Hi, I'm Dan!

My user ID for the business is new, but I'm a longtime lurker/member as well on here. Like most of you on the forums, I do a ton of research on every car I purchase and value real feedback from real owners.

In a very short time, I've built up a network of 15 BMW dealers, and I do the lion's share of all BMW deals on a popular leasing forum website. I myself sell + 80 BMWs per month, and I've learned a lot about what works and what doesn't work.

There is a lot of misinformation on this forum that is either anecdotal or a true unicorn deal when all the stars lined up on one particular car buying day.

I hope to clear the air and pull back the curtain on some of the shady ways car dealers try to make money off unsuspecting buyers.

To start:

----5-6% is invoice for BMWs depending on where you live. Dealers do not lose money if they sell you a car under invoice.

----12% is triple-net-zero for dealers just to move a unit. They are losing money on your deal with the hopes of hitting a BMW bonus tier. For some high volume dealers, they must sell over 200 cars that month to get a $500- $1000 bonus on every car sold that month.

-----Flagship money is a hidden incentive to move certain models. It's specific to the production date of the car sometimes. For example, an 2020 M8 built in 2019 has $10,000 flagship compared to a $2000 for a 2020 M8 built in 2020!
Be sure to ask the forum or dealer if there is any flagship money you should be aware of!

For non-M cars, your goal should be 12% off before incentives/rebates AND a base money factor.

Dealers can easily make the discount look better if they mark up the money factor.

ASK AWAY! I'll do my absolute best not to self-promote and keep it educational and fun!
Danimal,

First, thanks for all your contributions. Your insight is supremely helpful and accurate. Didn't use your services this time, as the lawyer in me wanted to get a feel for the lease negotiation process (and I negotiate for a living so it was probably more fun for me than most) but I can say EVERYTHING you say on here is spot on point. Literally. I was able to easily negotiate 10% off my custom 2021 F95 last month before the interest rate bump. So thanks for the knowledge drop.

Question(s): (1) how does the lease support work at dealers? when you say it will end what does that mean? BMW will stop offering incentives? (2) my wife just had our first baby girl and she currently has an 2019 4-series GC. It's got maybe 13K miles. Lease isn't up until December '21 but the damn car seat just BARELY fits which is a non-starter. Looking to upgrade. Should we wait until later in the year and pray for a good discount on a '20/'21 (or used) F93 or shoot for an F90 at lease end.

Thanks Obi-Wan.

-Pookie-
Appreciate 1