06-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #17
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusInSW3 View Post
Hi guys,

Picked up my M3 this morning (Saturday), after enduring 18 months of regret from choosing a Mercedes C63 over the M3. Got to say, I am VERY impressed.

Back then I was looking at the M3, the C63, the Audi S5. I decided the S5 wasn't really in the same class, and was really put off the M3 after being bombarded with calls and e-mails from the sales rep. This time I put on my blinkers and went straight to BMW.

I've gone for the following spec:

E92 Coupe
Interlagos Blue with Black Leather
DCT
EDC
19" rims
Comfort access system
Adaptive headlights & high beam assist
F&R Parking
Heated seats
Folding mirrors
High gloss exterior trim
Sun protection glazing
Rear sunblind
Bluetooth
Individual audio system
CD changer & USB
DAB & TV
Black carbon leather interior trim

After putting up with the rather shoddy build quality of my last car, I am really impressed that nothing has fallen off so far.

I think the best feature is the DCT... SO much better than the gearbox in the Mercedes. It seems to be a lot surer of itself, whereas the Merc would sometimes stutter and struggle to find the optimum gear.

One thing I do miss though is the AMG sound. It was an absolute monster compared to the M3, but might go for a custom exhaust a few months down the line. Eisenmann race perhaps?
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the new car. I don't want to turn this thread into a M3 Vs C63 discussion as this forum is filled with numerous post and threads on the subject. However am I missing something here. When you were comparing all 3 cars (M3 S5 C63) you dismissed the S5 because (I'm assuming now) lack of performance which I can see being a valid issue. However you dismissed the M3 because you were getting numerous calls and emails from you CA So you decided to purchase a C63 over all 3 simply based on the exhaust of the car? The reason I say this is your OP offered no other reason for you choosing the C63 initially. I just don't see the logic in buying a car it seemed you weren't completely sold on from the start. Then waiting 18 months to unload it and get wacked with the HUGE depreciation your car took in that short time of ownership. It probably would been in your best interest to have change BMW dealerships you were dealing with and bought an aftermarket exhaust from the beginning.
Appreciate 0