10-18-2016, 01:11 PM   #58
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpin3_F30 View Post
Ill just leave this right here, you're welcome

FYI, once i get a visual on the whole side Gill thing i will update the render so dont flip out on me

download and see the progress on the link to my deviantART page down below.
http://jadesigns75.deviantart.com/

Attachment 1510557
Nice work as well, especially in hiding the manipulation artifacts.

Not "flipping out" but a few suggestions (for you or anyone else doing renderings):

As a general note: Development/Engineering CAM files are intentionally modified and given some type of confidential visual "fingerprint". This includes internally at BMW between different divisions as well as suppliers. Without knowledge of these or experience working, these can be difficult to spot and cause incorrect speculation. But there are several very significant ones visible to discern exactly where these came from.

Exterior Mirrors: Even as a joke, the question is getting old. The front view is detailed to the specific components at hand so generic base series units are depicted. If anything, it's specifically from the very forward driver assistance, lighting, electrical set for a non-US version. The rear grab is absolutely from the lighting set and specifically for a US market modification that won't have any visual impact whatsoever.

Front Bumper Cover: Enlarge the openings from the bottom down. The very distinctive detailing of the center opening is missing in all of them so far. The top and side view have a pronounced (but not conceptually exaggerated) protrusion from the front.

Front Fender/Heat Extractor:

The physical dimension increase begins at the rear of the wheel well right at the wheel hub height and increases clockwise through approx the first 30 degrees to maximum width. It then continues and slightly tapers down through their rest of the opening. The Heat Extractor feels similar in shape to the F8x underneath the hard camo panels. The particular mule I was able to spend a little time with is for hot weather testing so the insert was filled to induce extreme heat soak so there isn't much to go on as far as the trim itself. The modifications to the design for removing the air breather are simple but difficult to describe. Several of the most recent camo pics are good at showing it...the view points though are from the front-rear angle perspective.

Rear Wheel Arch: I wish it was slightly flared and there was a lot of suggestion to implement it. Alas, incorporating it on the production line would add too much cost/complexity.

Last edited by lemetier; 10-18-2016 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 1
JTO245276.00