View Single Post
      10-17-2014, 09:58 AM   #4
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
First set looks good, but reminiscent of the csl wheel which has been murdered on most bmw's. The price is very good, and a difficult one to compete with since they are manufactured in Taiwan. What kind of forgings are they using and are they 8 or 10 ton?
that's a good question, and one that I don't honestly know the answer to. I trusted many online reviews from different brands of cars, and the fact that they are JWL and VIA certified. According to them, they use T-6061 aluminum

I know the CSL is "played out" to a lot of people, but honestly I buy parts that perform and look the way I like them to. here in Houston you don't see too many modified m3's at all, so its not like they are all over the place.

for whatever reason, CSL wheels just look "right" to me on a BMW haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
What do you think of these? Probably one of my favorite styles

http://www.bcforgedwheelsusa.com/HC-S02.php
I like those a lot actually.

On another note, I am sure that something like HRE is superior technically, as they should be.

The question is, are the BC forged good enough quality for me? Is the finish good enough? I trust the strength due to the certificiation, but we will see what the final product really looks like when I get them.

I used to have some Morr Vs8.2 on my old e92 with the brushed finish, so these BC forged have a lot to live up to.

Ill be sure to be 100% honest with my impressions