cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Completely agree with the last few posts.. While not many, there still are several of us on the road today that are very conscientious drivers, yet enjoy the new tech - even if we may be a dying breed. One of the reasons I taught my teenage son how to drive a manual transmission before I let him get his license (his first car from me was a manual and still driving it today as he is getting ready to go off to college). And while learning to drive in my car (F80 M3 manual) and his mom's car (F25 X3), I made him turn off all of the "nannies" except for traction control. And finally, I sent him through a Street Survival course. So I am doing my part to help train the next generation, too....
Obviously set off a nerve...good and my point was right on based on the retort. Before a dick measuring contest begins I won't go into the fact that I have every legal license on the highway to drive and their endorsements. And yeah motorcycle too. The problem with the nannies are that everyone becomes sheep and sits in the left lane because guess what...all the other nanny fucking cars are following each other. It's a problem. Just a fact. Oh and I can drive a manual too. A 3 stick Mack BTW when I was 14 but I will bet the moon no one here ever has. Hilarious shit.
how are you writing this post? I can't believe you are even on a computer... wouldn't you much rather type a letter on a typewriter and mail it in? I hope you don't drive a car with abs or traction control....hell I hope you don't even have a car that was built after 1960 because that would just go against everything you stand for.

I get it... you are old and don't want to get on with the changing times but do you have to be such a dick about it?

I think most of us here in this forum live to drive cars which is why we are on a forum about cars... but some of us still love the tech that comes in these cars. assisted driving helps so much and I would argue that it probably saves lives especially in longer drives as humans get tired and computers don't.
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0