08-15-2020, 10:08 PM   #14
LowerEast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA99 View Post
Maybe just simply drive and pay attention? I know you paid for it... l get it. Probably why every car I purchased the last 8 years I asked if the autonomy/acc/nannies etc. could be disabled. Fucking hate them all. Nothing will ever replace an experienced, engaged driver, with millions of miles on the clock and NOT looking at their phone. Unfortunately these people are a the anomaly on the road like me. You know people that pass on the left and drive on the right. Actually use a turn signal no matter what. Stop at red lights. Yeah that type shit.

This straw man that attempts to equate assisted driving technologies with poor drivers is ridiculous. Can you really not understand that someone can be an enthusiast, enjoy driving and be a highly skilled driver, and at the same time make use of assisted driving features in situations that otherwise aren’t enjoyable to drive in?

For example, I love to drive, and I especially love to drive quickly on fun roads. It’s the primary reason I choose BMWs. I’m an experienced and skilled driver, I have excellent lane discipline, I use my turn signals when I turn or change lanes, and I’ve managed to avoid accidents for the last 30 years. In circumstances where driving is less fun (heavy traffic, long stretches of boring interstate) I enjoy using the assisted driving features. I find that while I’m still paying close attention, it’s less tiring over a long stretch behind the wheel, and I generally arrive at my destination feeling less tired and more relaxed than I would have without those features.
Appreciate 2
jmciver1844.00