United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
IMHO it all went terribly wrong when it comes to the design of the DigiDash.

It looks very unnatural, almost fake, like being in some kind of Disney movie.

The more possibilities there are, the less you will use them. It`s about driving, not on a trillion way to install your dash.

There were times when BMW was leading in dash designs, but nowadays I'm not impressed to say.

Look how Porsche is doing, that design has really stepped up the game IMHO

In general; I`m not a fan of Digidash, I do like the traditional ones more.
Pretty sure the many possibilities aren't for "you" to cycle through constantly in a drive but more to appeal to a wider range. Allowing everyone to find the configuration they like best and stick with that not just get stuck with the one option some egg head at BMW chose for everyone. So many people with so many different tastes. It's actually pretty great whether you like the digital dash or not which I totally respect and understand. Not everyone likes technology. Still a pain to get my parents to use google instead of call me and ask simple questions.

And to be honest you're probably gonna have to start liking them cuz theyre the future. The analog dash will die probably within the next 10 years in 90% of the new cars out there.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0