Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73henny View Post
Can't help with Lex unfortunately but why would they disable connected drive anyway?
Apparently they disable some of the connected services because they can't just do the bits about recovery, servicing etc.

Sounds a load of bollocks, and I'll be trying to put it back with esys once I have it, but wondered about some owners experiences.
So, I had a Merc c300h back in 2015 and Lex did the same thing. Basically disabled "Mercedes Me" so I couldn't access any of the app/remote capabilities (lock/unlock the doors, location, fuel level, servicing requirements etc). They claimed it was something to do with privacy and tracking. But the Command media system worked fine, it still did traffic with live updates, weather etc. from the built-in 3/4G SIM. I pushed really hard to get it enabled but no joy.

My 330e is through Arval (due late Sept) but I'll be pretty annoyed if they've disabled the stuff too. Will check with the dealer now...
Gosh, that is poor - disabling the Mercedes Me, I use mine a lot and also the BMW Connected for our other car. The Mercedes Me has contacted me in a shop to tell me I had left the car unlocked and I could then lock via my iPhone. Fortunately our fleet company, Ogilvie, had not disabled it.

I would have thought the 330e will need it even more, with BMW suggesting you pre heating the battery before using the car , setting it via the app. i hope you get it sorted
Appreciate 0