View Single Post
      07-11-2010, 01:13 AM   #8
MMVI
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 something

My hope posts like journalist copy or critical review, are an attempt at keeping BMW honest. They can do so much with this car it could be one of the very best they have ever made.

I can't see why the majority of respondents don't recognise the underlying principles of feeding back what we want instead of being given a high margin, warm over of an existing car.

It is too much to 'ask' directly (it will be what it will be); its is not possible to 'guide' BMW (they know what they are doing) but it is not too much to collectively hope that maybe just for once a large corporate makes a masterpiece on which perhaps they don't make a great deal of money because the cash has gone into the product. We the buying public have some say even if it is only in forums like this.

An affordable M is what I want. With a bit of luck it marketing will also win over and it be called M1. (Yes thankyou I know all about the M1 or the early 80's) and just maybe it will be subtle enough that between the lines readers will get what they want from it too.
Appreciate 0