11-10-2020, 10:22 AM   #8
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP LCI

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
I had a frozen blue e92, so happy to share my experience (feel free to dm me as well):
1. It's really just another color... if it was so dangerous to drive off the lot, they wouldn't offer the color. This is especially true if you're leasing.
2. 99% of your regular care is the same... I had folks accidentally do everything to it... hard brushes, wrong fibers, wrong shampoos, etc. Honestly, no issues.
3. Don't wax. There are matte waxes you can buy, but honesty, really don't need it as much as you think for protection. If you decide to invest in one of the "special care packages," know that I used the official BMW one they used to offer, and switched to a lesser known brand after BMW stopped offering for a while. No difference.
4. All the fear of leaving bugs, dirt, etc. - nothing mattered... just washed off like a regular color. I was really carful at first, but over time just neglected, and it made no difference.
5. If you need to get something fixed, make sure you don't go to a crappy place to fix it. Authorized places are a sure bet, but you can go elsewhere if they are reputable and you trust them to color match. I had many scratches and shit fixed (attended garage) and all easy (small price increase sometimes, but nothing serious).
6. If you are going to hold long term or track often, I'd get a full wrap for the front (this is true for non frozen as well). Otherwise, not really necessary.
Appreciate 1
Belugs318.00