12-27-2015, 03:02 AM   #9
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo mcs View Post
Hi,

The cooling on the F80 is seriously over engineered, and is a huge step up from what BMW have done on any other street cars (with the exception of current M5/6 which is similar). The water temps, oil temp and intake temps are very stable and well controlled on the track, unlike many other common tracked beemers.

The biggest step up though is in the chassis, suspension and vehicle dynamics. This is in a different league to E90/92.

Steel brakes are also surprisingly good out of the box.

However, for half the price of an F80 you can buy some seriously fast and street registered track day toy cars. Alternatively buy a dedicated race car with a tow vehicle, trailer, lots of parts and have some cash left over!

Btw for background, my wifes car is F82 so I only drive it on the track occasionally, mainly drive diedicated race or tarmac rally cars.

Hey mate,

I have been looking at cup cars in the past 12 months, but like you said i think once your at cup car stage you really want to be door to door racing! That's what i would want to be doing anyway!

It is an expensive way to go about doing a few club days and so on, i was looking at a few road going porsche's but there is just something i love about the new M3!

I've had dedicated track cars i.e. EVO's and STi's in the past and most of the time they are very temperamental! I'd rather spend the money and just go flog the crap out of a new reliable fast street car.

Last edited by JL1; 12-27-2015 at 03:07 AM..
Appreciate 0