No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilwaukeeM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweston View Post
Where is yours at today? Mine has been moving pretty good the last couple of days. Today I checked and it's in the Paint Booth. Hoping to hear you have made more progress since the last time you posted.
That’s interesting to see. I went production begins on 5/3 (looks like 2 business days after you) and haven’t moved since. ZB2603 have you moved at all? I know we’re basically tied together due to paint colors.

ResIpsa, did they at least tell you before the change of emblems that it’d move you back? I feel like that would’ve been good customer service to confirm the week change one last time before they moved the emblem change forward. I guess if you did that for everyone though it could get time consuming.
They did NOT inform me. I would have never messed with it. As I've said a few times already — very stupid decision. Especially knowing how delayed things are as is. I was under the impression that up until status code 112, you could make changes up until hitting 150. I was about 12 days out from the start of my build week. I thought it was so minor that it wasn't likely to cause a delay. I'd previously watched a video of the (Regensburg?) production line and had seen the badges were one of the last steps before QC. I figured between that, and the nearly 2 weeks before the Monday of production week, I'd be fine.

Lesson learned. Or, I should say affirmed. Don't make last minute changes, however minor, leading up to production, and perhaps in this environment, not at all after you hit Order Received at BMW AG.