View Single Post
      05-04-2020, 02:54 PM   #54
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDJAK View Post
You didn't say you were asking for opinions, but I'll take my chances and offer you mine. My opinion is not a choice between the M5 and a 911.

My advice is go with a new 992 911S if you do go the Porsche route. I've owned 6. Do you need AWD? Will you swap tires and/or wheels in the winter and use it? If not, no reason to go AWD. I bought a 991.1 C4 when it was going to be my only vehicle. That was the only reason I went AWD. I then bought a Raptor and quickly realized I did not need the C4 and traded in for the 991.2 T which I loved.

You can easily get a 992 911S for 125. I was just looking at a lot car, one of 7 they had, and sticker was 132. they offered it for 125. And that was before this debacle.

Also, Porsche is offering 0.9 percent financing now. They are desperate to move them.
I agree here. I’ve had I think now 11 or 12 Porsches and just sold my 991.2 T which I miss terribly. I do not think anyone matches Porsche, particularly their sports cars when it comes to a cohesive and comprehensive, dynamic package that excels in all aspects. You’d never expect a Carrera S with 440 hp and basic summer tires to be running 7:25 at the Ring, but they do so with ease. And this is only the starting point for the 992 (by and large).

If you want a dealer on a 992S, I can get you invoice, and you can be in a 992S for less than that 991.2, albeit a lower sticker.
Appreciate 0