View Single Post
      10-22-2016, 04:23 AM   #13
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
Huper Optix is a quality film and requires an equally experienced installer. My understanding is they do not make a dedicated auto film, which is why it is so thick and requires experience to install. This was my first choice but I backed away b/c of potential CA issues.

Huper Optix offers three levels of film...HO Xtreme (a dyed film), HO Ceramic (what I wanted) or HO Select (a metal film). Xtreme is their low end, Ceramic some people have had problems and others not, Select is their top of the line but has ceramic (have not confirmed) and metal in it. I did find one recent install of Select where the fellow said he did not have a problem.

I called HO tech support and they recommended that I use their Autobahn Performa, which is an IR film. HO owns Autobahn and other than Performa the other Autobahn films are rebranded HO films.

FYI, if you do choose a ceramic the darker you go the more potential for interference. Some people with 35% said they did not have a problem but also did not say which HO film they used. The HO Select guy used 35% and said he did not have a problem but 35% (Drei) is the darkest Select gets.

As for IR rejection you may want to investigate (I did not) range of IR that is rejected. I did read some posts where people stated that the reason some IR numbers were so high is b/c the film only rejects a very narrow range of IR vs. the entire IR band.

Let us know what you use and how it works out for you.

Yea if I was going with Huper optick I would get their ceramic film. I've also read their ceramic film will not have any interference with technology so that's not a concern for me. Any films with metal in them in general would cause signal interference, so HO select wouldn't be something I would look into. It's funny how I don't even have an allocation yet and I'm here preparing for my tint work already.
Appreciate 1
BAN_M2C4180.00