View Single Post
      10-31-2014, 08:42 AM   #12
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

Awesome review Kenny.

I've been playing a bit with where the rear breaks loose in terms of throttle application in sport in straight lines, minor turns, mid-turn, etc....this is all on empty street roads, not a track, so I'm literally just finding it out. MDM on.

The car is eerily controllable to me and I find MDM not that intrusive WHEN I can back off (not something you'd want to constantly)...

However, I think I'd actually spend my track time in "efficient" throttle mode, especially on a technical track.

Also, the other day on a empty road with a sharp banked uphill and run-off on both sides of the road, with a wet road, I hit the throttle pretty solid mid-turn in sport mode to see how quickly it would swing the rear end out.

I had an "Oh shit" moment and MDM saved me. I mean the car rotated a solid 45 degrees before MDM slammed it back straight and it did it so fast I didn't even have time to react.

Now granted, I was being deliberately stupid and was at low-ish speeds and expecting MDM to save me (it did) just to feel the traction threshold on a wet road in a turn....and in the annals of the stupidity, this is the exact same spot I spun my e39 m5 off-road in the wet with DSC off....

Anyway, rambling on 2 hours of sleep. Point being I loved your review and I really think we need to figure out how to get more accelerative traction in this car. From a handling and braking perspective, it's got plenty of lateral traction and ability to stop itself....

But it overloads those PSS too easily and the point is to maintain dual purpose, which PSS are pretty much the most perfect tire for....so how do we increase accelerative traction without losing the dual purpose tiring?