View Single Post
      03-24-2021, 03:55 PM   #92
fozzydj
DIYer, 335i N54 lover
Rep
Drives: N54 BMW 355i SE 2007, 148,000

Ive just bought my F90 M5 (2018) with approx 20k on the clock. Im its 3rd owner, still under warranty until November.

What an absolute monster if a car. Its hard to describe in words.

My journey with BMWs started with a 400hp stage 2 335i (n54) that I kept for 5 years. Thats now in pieces in my garage as I was half way through fitting hybrids looking for 600hp - safe to say now I have the M5 its getting sold as is, no point in me chucking anymore money at it. Thats been in the garage for 2 years, I bought a 335d xDrive as my daily - that gave me the taste for 4 wheel drive, flooring that in the wet and continuing on in the same direction was a game changer!

The obvious next choice was the M5. I nearly bought a comp but I couldnt quite find one in budget/with the spec I wanted to settled for a M5 that hit the spec and was 5k cheaper - not disappointed with my choice in the slightest. I toyed with getting a remap looking for 750hp, but after driving it home I decided it was absolutely fine as it is and told myself i wouldn't touch it - just enjoy it as its meant to be.

Its my first 15mpg experience though, thats going to hurt - but then I hear the exhaust burble and feel the acceleration in the pit if my stomach and think eff it - its worth every penny!!

Its going to be a 4 year car, approx 10k a year - fingers crossed it doesn't cost me anything in repairs. I can live with services, tyres and brakes - that comes with the territory!

Here’s a pic from dealer when I collected:

Appreciate 3
Jamesmick131.00
Simon H876.00
Egrunt553.00