View Single Post
      01-20-2015, 07:47 AM   #18
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg View Post
Seconded. I have the 19" winter set from my X5M, but I'm not sure they'll work this time around for two reasons:

1. F85/F86 have bigger brakes. I think minimum rim size is now 20"
2. I think they got rid of the different hub size madness.

I haven't had formal confirmation of either yet, but that's been "the suspicion" from the guys at the stealership.
Definitely need winter tires in NJ. I am in NY and the summers are not very safe once it gets cold. I swapped mine immedately after getting my car last February. Don't listen to the dealerships or tire shops as most have no idea whether your winter sets will fit until you get the car and try them on. I put my winter set from my previous 2011 X6 5.0 and it fit perfectly. I called multiple dealerships, spoke with my service guys at the dealership I go to and also called a couple of tire shops and all had very different recommendations and frankly had no clue.

You will love the Mugello Red Full Merino Leather interior. That's what I got after having a black / black X6 and it's awesome. It's just bright enough not to be over the top. Funny thing, when I was picking up my first car at the Performance Center, the instructor, a real nice guy, told me how classic my car looked with black exterior and interior, and that he thought that getting a red interior was completely over the top. And here I was three years later picking up my current car there with a blue exterior and a red interior.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0