View Single Post
      01-19-2021, 10:16 AM   #56
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
i am not bothered by the existance of the M235...
What I am bothered by is the fact that is now marketed by BMW M
Ok well I suppose this is just a question of semantics then. To me, the existence of the M235i naturally dictates that it is marketed by BMW M.

Even the M Sport models are marketed by M, although sales of that trim level don't count toward the M total for what that's worth (and for those closely keeping score).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Actually without going into details I feel its a way for BMW to justify the new aesthetics with sales numbers of “M cars” when Im already seeing less demand for new M cars where I live. Especially when these new “M cars” don't yet suffer from said aesthetics.
I'm genuinely not following you at all, sorry. Either way, anecdotes don't mean much in the real world. Data typically does a better job of telling the story.

It seems to me that a significant number of folks hoping for BMW, and in particular, BMW M sales to tank in 2021 are in for disappointment. There is a huge contingent of buyers looking for tangible features such as a high performance German sedan with a manual transmission, and BMW has the only one now. AWD high performance vehicles are also in high demand, and BMW is building the portfolio there too.
Appreciate 0