01-28-2020, 10:12 AM   #14
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie177 View Post
Having shopped around, I can get the Comp for the same retail price as the GTR, which I am shocked by, almost £20k off. Now for some hard thinking.
Whoa! That is a hard decision then! Just based on what you said, I still do believe the M5 is more for you. You want a car that you CAN carve "B roads" with (we maybe call the equivalent "canyon" roads here in the states, or mountain roads), yet at the same time give you great comfort. What age are you? As I get older, I am tending to value the creature comforts more and more. My wife recently got an X7, which we have been loving, and the thought of rolling some of the comforts that thing has into a beast like the M5 is very appealing to me!

One more thing to consider might actually be the communities that are involved with these respective vehicles. While people can and certainly do mod their BMWs, the modding community for the Japanese makes are crazy. It seems like it is seen as strange if you DON'T mod those cars, and that is a bit of a departure for me. Sometimes I almost feel as if I don't deserve the GTR, because it is bone stock! While I will do some slight cosmetic mods here and there, I am not one that is going to go get a whole new exhaust, suspension, upgraded turbos, etc. So, I like having a very capable car right out of the gate. Of course, if I should so choose at some later time TO mod the thing, that is certainly a possibility with the F90 M5, unlike my current DD, the E92 M3. I wouldn't consider putting a supercharger on it, as some have done, so it kind of just is what it is. Just a little something else to think about.
Appreciate 0