View Single Post
      08-27-2019, 06:44 PM   #6
northtorque
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 2019

Locking out your key fob in the car is possible using the BMW connected app. I was at the dealer doing my walk through and we had just paired my phone to the car and downloaded the app, enabled access, etc. We then get out of the car and he says the app has a cool feature that can lock your car if you, say, walk to a restaurant and have forgot to lock the vehicle. Then he says “ try it” as we are standing outside the car. So I do. Car locks. Cool. Then we realize both the key fobs are sitting in the centre console. Car dash is still lit up but now I can’t unlock the car as there is no “unlock” function on the app ( remote lock function but no unlock due to security reason they said ). So we end up having to call BMW Assist to do a remote car unlock on the vehicle - which even took longer than usual since I forgot the damn password for my account that had been opened literally 5 minutes earlier. I would usually never have both fobs sitting in the car except of course on this occasion I had all the documentation (and fobs) sitting inside the vehicle as we were doing the vehicle walk through! Moral of the story - if using remote lock on the BMW connected app make sure you know the location of your frickin fob.
Appreciate 3
nlaak86.50