View Single Post
      01-18-2018, 03:26 PM   #10
325DJack
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWatch View Post
There are a couple of guys on this forum who've had the problem...Except most shops will order up an entirely new fuel system that costs $10k.
New poster, technically naive, and I "misfiled" some notice from BMW recently, Maybe in the glovebox, and my car is in THE SHOP!

Here's my story. Driving home, short drive, notice check engine light. Near my dealership, decide to pop in as I was hoping to take my BMW on a 1000 mile R/T. My advisor is out, so I just speak to another guy. His response:

"Yeah, that's generally just emissions, not a huge deal, you can probably drive across country, much less to SoCal."

Seemed a little too flip a response. I get a code reader, it says fuel injector issues exceed learning or something to that effect. Call next day - dude I speak to on phone say "We would not recommend you drive it at all".

Ummmm...well, good thing I was paranoid. I drop it off, take my daughter's Jetta!!! No big, out of town for 4 days. Call on drive back for a status. "Still getting approval from Germany". WTF? I give it one more day, as they said it would likely be done. No loaners so but they get me a rental.

A lovely, firetruck red Kia Soul! For a 50 year old! I'm rocking it!

Anywho, my advisor is finally back and calls me. "Yeah, you're getting a brand new $8500+ fuel system. Something blew up and when it happens that far up the system, you get garbage that pretty much ruins everything else.

Good news is it is covered, and that I get a loaner today!

Nightmare.
Appreciate 2
Gabreigns493.50
CleanKM103.50