View Single Post
      02-20-2024, 02:13 PM   #18
BlkGS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
The best fullsize truck is the F150. That said, they're crazy expensive, I bought my X5 because they were comparably priced. It's nothing to build a Larost F150 to 78k, a platinum is easy to hit $85k. Used trucks aren't a whole lot cheaper.

The coyote 5.0 is better than the Ecoboost, had both. Ecoboost is more efficient and powerful, but not as robust. We have had our cam.phasers replace in our 19 Expedition, and it's about to go in for a transmission replacement. Luckily it's all under warranty, but the coyote in my previous f150 was very reliable and robust.

The new tundra is nice, but not as good as the f150. Silverado is 2 generations behind Ford. Ram makes a nice truck, but they're switching over to the online 6 which is brand new outside of Wagoneer, and I suspect it'll have some teething issues. If you found a well equipped ecodiesel Ram that'd be a good choice. Depending on the size of camper you're getting, moving up to a F250 powerstroke is also a good option, they're the only nice interior in a 3/4 ton truck (ram doesn't option the 2500 with the pano roof for no good reason).

Honestly, just buy or rent a flatbed trailer. It's way cheaper. That's what I do now after having a few trucks. That or you buy a cheap pickup to use only for dirty jobs.
Appreciate 0