View Single Post
      01-13-2020, 09:52 AM   #38
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosM4 View Post
Thanks Mate, happy new year for you too!!
Always enjoy seeing your posts.

I think the GT63 S with a high discount is a worthy upgrade to the M5. But only with a large discount, because its MSRP is crazy high. There is nothing that justifies that price tag.

I do love it though, it looks very sleek, and its interior feels 2 cuts above the M5. I don't like its visibility and I am not a fan of its ride quality too. With Cup 2s it is significantly harsher.

I really like the M5, but I do want something more engaging. Unfortunately here in this side of the pond, a 911 calls too much unwanted attention, and I don't like the idea of driving around in our streets infested with potholes and crests in a 911. Panamera is boring to drive, and AMG's don't really justify their massive price premium over M Cars here (E63 S is US$ 30.000 more over here). In the realm of supersedans/wagons viable for the daily use here, there is only the Audi RS, AMG and BMW M cars. I am considering the Audi RS6 C8 as a viable candidate for upgrading (love wagons, especially the new RS6 with 4 wheel steering, active torque vectoring, and plenty of gysmos).

I would also consider the Taycan. Although it is an Electric car (very different type of car), it is awesome in terms of tech, interior and performance. I look forward to driving and owning it. Haven't ordered it, but I am consider it to trade the M5.
We are relatively on the same page. I do need to re drive the GT63S but just dont think the money or waste of it is worth the admission costs. Now if it was faster and quicker than the F90; it would be a much easier decision.

But I, like you, love the drive a car creates vs just the sheer speed times where the F90 wins tune or no tune. For now the car needs something else for me to jump into that cabin.

I do like the new RS6 but hear its in limited production stateside and pricing will be heavy (ADM's for sure). Maybe Ill consider the new RS7? Ive always been a fan of the Sportback style. Im not in any hurry while I enjoy the F90- I love the choices we get here!!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
CarlosM4409.50