View Single Post
      01-03-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
ste0803
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Purple F90 M5 - Stage 1

HOW TO: Carbon Fibre Paddle Shifters (Paddleshifterz)

Hi All,

Following on from my previous gear shifter install I thought I would do the same for the paddle shifters from @Paddleshifterz https://paddleshifterz.com

Firstly you'll need to open the boot (trunk), make sure your wheel is centred and your seat is in a position where you can access the bottom of the wheel.

Tools Needed:
Plastic Trim Tool
10mm Spanner or Socket
Towel / Cloth
T15 Torx
Flat head screwdriver
Small pointy device ( I used an Allen key)

First of all you need to go to the boot and take the trim tool too prise the boot floor up and lift it all the way, I used a drying towel to wedge the boot floor open.

Next take the 10mm socket and disconnect the negative terminal on the battery.

Next take a towel to keep the terminal from reconnecting.

Now you need to remove the airbag from the wheel, insert a flat head screwdriver into the slot on the base of the wheel and push upwards, the aim here is to push this spring tab holding in the airbag, see both below pictures.

Now take the tortx and remove the screw holding on the paddle shifter, you may need to move the blue connector out the way to reach this.

Now once the paddle shifter is loose you need to push the retaining pin out, one side is thicker than the other so it will only push out one way.

Once this has been disconnected you can then disconnect the paddle from the switch assembly, you can see from the below photo there is a spring in the centre and 2 clips either side, you slide the paddle backwards and it comes loose. Be sure not to lose the spring (its easily done)

The installation of the new paddles is the above in reverse, slide the new paddle over the switch assembly making sure the spring remains in place.

Push the new paddle onto the assembly and push the retaining pin back through both parts.

Re-sit the completed assembly back onto the wheel and re-tighten the torx screw.

Ensure that the blue clips are pushed back to either side and re-attach the airbag.

Once this is done you can reconnect the battery and enjoy the new shifters.

Thanks all for reading.

Last edited by ste0803; 01-03-2020 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12904.50
DNGRTOM122.50