12-31-2019, 09:51 AM   #34
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosM4 View Post
The GT63 S impressed me.
It drives better than the F90. Nevertheless all the ones that come to Brazil, have CUP 2's, so that makes quite a difference.

Would I own one? Nah, it is far too expensive to justify the enhancements over the M5. It makes no sense to pay US$ 200k in the US, or US$ 300k my side of the pond.

My trouble with the M5 is that it is basically a 911 Turbo with 4 doors, in short, it is too inert, and kind of "boring", because it is far too capable and it does pretty much everything for you. Even with the Akrap in mine, I feel the only way I get excited driving it, is exploring its limit, and boy oh boy, does it come alive when you do it. But then you are left scared shitless. It is a cold and blunt instrument, tuned for precision.
Happy Holidays my high knowledge friend from down South!!!

I agree with you on the feel of the GT63S- It really boils down to needs and my F90 is really just a street cruiser with some expressway runs; I have light mileage on it for 16 months plus of ownership and every time I drive it- I get what you said out of it: blunt force.

Because Im driving less, I might indeed make a change for the sake... of change but I need to have a better driving experience with the GT63S. I am one that will give it another chance cause after 11 AMG's I do still miss the brand.

The dealer did have a red GT63 (non S) with the Sport Cup2's but I fear the non S wont carry the power.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
CarlosM4403.50