View Single Post
      05-16-2019, 07:13 PM   #22
masmole
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue, gray, brown cars

Although I like the extra customizability and versatility of Live Cockpit Professional and iDrive 7.0 after playing with it on the new X7, I'm glad I did not wait for a 2020 because I simply do not like the graphical implementation of Live Cockpit Pro in how the speedo and tach are presented as "geometric bands" with the tach being a reversed counter-clockwise gauge. I know that for the M8 and likely also the 2020 M5, the Live Cockpit Pro can be set to a more traditional display mode where there will be a more conventional solitary large gauge in the center, which will be a tach, with digital speedo indicator in the middle of the tach (as found with Audi S/RS cars with Virtual Cockpit) so that will probably be the one redeeming quality. I still prefer and absolutely love the current digital instrument layout in my '19 and really dig the metal rims that border the round digital gauges.

However, I will no doubt be envious of the 2020 M5 with iDrive 7.0 if they turn out to have remote engine start via smartphone app and key fob (since all iDrive 7.0 equipped BMWs seem to have it). But that's about the only thing I find more desirable when I tinkered around with an X7 recently.