04-22-2019, 01:44 PM   #5
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
The GT63S's are sitting. Almost every dealer got an allocation for a Jupiter Red Launch version or 2 (some even 3) and at 169k msrp and a shitbox residual of 52% or lower with an MF around .00300 the car has had no traction (no pun cause its actually got grip LOL).

I just dont know how this car is going to move at that price point and I had made a comment months ago that this is the Panny Turbo version 2.0.

For this car to move it needs to have an attractive lease payment. If I did a basic lease calc at msrp on a 52% residual at .00300 the payment is about 3200 a month with 7.75% tax or around there. Fuck NO.

I don't understand this either. It's almost feels like they are making the car unsellable on purpose.
Not the most attractive car to begin with, a bloated price, a non-discounted MF coupled with low residual makes this a showroom keeper.

Not a great first impression. I have seen GT 63s' for over $200k and they are virtually identical with our E63s ED1 apart from the $65k difference. A $1500 plug-in tune fixes the remaining HP difference.

What were they thinking?
Appreciate 4