Thread: PPF Worth it?
View Single Post
      04-18-2023, 10:07 PM   #13
Bluesummers
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

My experience so far. Bought my 21' used with around 8k miles. Saw that the previous owner had PPF'd the front bumper, hood, and fenders only. It looked like the crappy precut kind done by dealers with the ends of film almost 1/4 inch off from edges instead of wrap around. I was like ok cool whatever, free PPF...

Not even 1 year into driving and having a few cocky RWD's launch and spit rocks at me, i end up with scratches all over my CF roof, rockers, A pillars, and all the way back to the upper trunk/wing area.

Car in the shop now getting a 2 stage paint correction, rock chip repair, full hand cut Xpel PPF. Also getting full ceramic coat including wheels/calipers. As well as protecting and installing and around 8-10 carbon fiber pieces that i have been collecting over the last year. Getting a sweet deal by one of the best shops in the Toronto area so i can't say i will ever have any regrets. Plan on keeping this beauty for a very long time.

If you're gonna do it, make sure you find quality work first. Price should be second when it comes to this type of work. Attention to detail makes a huge difference. Congrats on your purchase and good luck!
Appreciate 0