View Single Post
      07-08-2011, 02:21 AM   #2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: always changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
I thought I knew it all but I got my official ED packet. Here are two things I learned that concern me a little bit.

1. The ED Insurance covers everything in EU countries plus a few extra. No deductible for collision and large liability coverage BUT theft has a 10% deductible. So if my 1M gets stolen in Prague and ends up in some chop shop in the suburbs of Moscow, I guess I am out about $5000!

2. I have heard many here say that you can pay for the break in service in EU and get reimbursed by BMW BUT, the packet explicitly and clearly says that US 4yr/50K mile warranty will be honored by all BMW dealers in Europe BUT the the US 4yr/50K mile service explicitly says that only dealers in US or Puerto Rico can perform said service thereby ALL service performed in Europe is the responsibility of the owner.

Any input from people in the "Know" here. Not just guesses please anyone have any experiences or thoughts on this?

I don't think my US insurance would cover the car in Europe and I don't see an option by buy additional insurance.
i'm waiting for my pocket to arrive, though i'm picking up the 1M.

1. that's interesting. i would love it to be a full coverage. u going to Prague too? i'm thinking from Munich to Vienna to Prague to Frankfurt. hit the Ring if i have an extra day to spare. what's ur plan?

2. i read that u pay for the service in Europe but when u get back to the states u can send the paperwork to BMWUSA. they will reimburse whatever u paid.
Appreciate 0