View Single Post
      09-26-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
[VIDEO] First Slip-on Exhaust Modification!

Check this out! Our friend Phil has shared this on Instagram just now. What are your thoughts on the sound track?

I am unable to embed the video properly so please click on the link. Phil shared as well:

The first Lightweight Exhaust for the M2 Competition. And yes, we kept the OPF. We tried to run the car without it, but it was way too loud. So what you hear in this video is just another titanium muffler. Stock OPF. Stock Downpipe. The car sounds better, looks better and lost a lot of fat. About 20kg.

My opinion about the exhaust mod? Job well done Phil, this is how the M2 Competition with M Performance exhaust would have sounded if we would have heard that display vehicle. Good news for the rest of the world outside the EU, the M Performance exhaust which is only a titanium backbox will sound like this and even better because you don't have the OPFs! The amazing part is the weight saving of 20 KG!!!

I really like that this has become a possible option for a better exhaust note and that it does not sound too bad if you listen to the tone of the exhaust note. Of course, this all depends on the exhaust manufacturers, their set ups, etc, but as a start this is already a much better solution than I had hoped for. If the German TüV would not have intervened, than this would have been the soundtrack of the M Performance exhaust in Europe which is now delayed until god knows when... or shall we say cancelled.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 09-26-2018 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 2
m20e30871161.00
ChrisK4450.00