View Single Post
      09-07-2023, 11:50 PM   #22
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameson View Post
Thinking of buying a 2016-17 porsche macan and looking for some information on what to avoid, what to look for, etc. porsche macan or x3?
Rennlist is the most active forum. Just keep in mind that Porsche SUVs are largely Audi's underneath the skin. They are not cut from the same cloth the 911, Cayman, and Boxster cars are when it comes to the engineering and general quality. Although Porsche has a very heavy hand in the performance and design of their SUVs, there's no escaping the Audi/VW issues, thus Porsche SUVs tend to have more issues than their sports cars and are more complex to work on (admittedly the Porsche turbo sports cars suck to work on too). I absolutely hate working on Audi/VW products. I swear the Audi/VW engineers give absolutely no thought to serviceability. And yet, I still get allow myself to get suckered into working on friend's Audi/VW products.

Keep in mind you're looking at a 2016-2017 Porsche that sold in 2015 or 2016. That means it's 7 to 8 years old now. You should be prepared for lots of maintenance, preventative maintenance, and minor repairs. If you cannot stomach $2,000-3,000 a year in repairs/maintenance, this will not be the car for you. Oil changes run $400-500. If you're a DIYer and are willing to tackle to most work, then it could be a great car. If you can't DIY, well a 7+ y/o Porsche will nickle and dime you. They are all exceptional driving vehicles which often blinds you into paying stupid sums of money to maintaining them

Last edited by XutvJet; 09-08-2023 at 12:02 AM..
Appreciate 1
sbc-yyc86.50