View Single Post
      08-27-2016, 11:53 AM   #105
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by synclastica_86 View Post
Of course by abuse I don't mean that I'll bring the car back as a piece of scrap. I don't, for example, deliberately curb the rims when parking and slam the door against a pillar. Nothing like that. By abuse I mean I take less care on the wearable components such as tires. I'm more willing to slide the car and won't baby the engine on a cold start before pushing. I know u love car. We all do here. But you gotta admit that you don't treat a rental as your own. You, for instance, will not spend hrs detailing your loaner would you?
No, I won't wash a loaner. That's not the expectation by the owner of the vehicle. The expectation is you won't abuse the privilege of having transportation provided to you whether that be a rental or a loaner. Again, by your shear admission above, you are just one of those elements in society that doesn't respect other people's property. I don't know anyone here who wouldn't consider going flat out wide open throttle on a cold engine NOT abuse.

Nice try in attempting to deflect this on me. Again, I don't do any of the crap you are trying to justify. When I park any loaner or rental I have, I park it like my own where I find an end spot and keep it away from careless people who wouldn't think twice about putting a dent in someone else's car....in other words the element.
Appreciate 0