Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F32 435i, E92 M3, S550

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by synclastica_86 View Post
Wow... You guys gotta chill. Don't tell me you have never abused a loaner or a fully insured rental car before. I don't buy it...
Nope. Never. If you call driving fast abusing the car, then yes. But not like what you've done. With the rentals I get for work, my company has a deal with Enterprise where the damage insurance is already included with the rental. So I could have the car towed back to Enterprise as a chunk of scrap metal and I wouldn't be responsible for it. But I haven't. It's not just that I am a car guy, it's more that I wouldn't want anyone to abuse my car if anyone had possession of it. It's mentality like yours where I have to go out of my way to minimize other people handling my car such as valet parking.
Of course by abuse I don't mean that I'll bring the car back as a piece of scrap. I don't, for example, deliberately curb the rims when parking and slam the door against a pillar. Nothing like that. By abuse I mean I take less care on the wearable components such as tires. I'm more willing to slide the car and won't baby the engine on a cold start before pushing. I know u love car. We all do here. But you gotta admit that you don't treat a rental as your own. You, for instance, will not spend hrs detailing your loaner would you?

Current: BMW F32 435iA M-Sports; BMW E92 M3, M-DCT; Mercedes W221 S550 4matic; Ford Fiesta ST; Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R
Retired: BMW E93 323iA; BMW E85 Z4 3.0i, SMG; Lexus IS 250 AWD; Lexus GX 470; Mercedes W203 C230 Sportscoupe; Peugeot 206 S16; Peugeot 206 RC
Appreciate 0