View Single Post
      02-12-2020, 12:51 PM   #16
jmsdub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp, 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OT-Dan View Post
Two data points made me reconsider 10mm. Future Classic doesn't offer 10mm due to the hub size and lack of proper support for the wheel - per IND. And, this from Turner: "10mm Fitment Note: You must be very careful when fitting 10mm spacers to any BMW. Since the depth of the hubcentric lip will vary, you risk bottoming out of the spacer before it sits flush with the hub. This will leave a gap between the spacer and the hub, seriously compromising the strength of the spacer. The lip on the car may need to be shaved down so the 10mm spacer will fit flush on the rotor hat."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRobot View Post
I really like the comp wheels in black. I'd consider doing same except my car is leased and I'm not sure how it would be viewed come lease return time.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsdub View Post
Yes stock hight for comp model which is a bit lower than the standard m5. If you look at a stick picture of a m5 you will notice red reflectors on either side of the bumper.
Looks great. I'm debating 5mm or 12mm in the rear. I've been told anything in between might be an issue with the hub. From your pics it looks like the rear tire is past the top of the fender? Do you have a pic showing how far out the rear tire protrudes? Thanks!
Quote:
Two data points made me reconsider 10mm. Future Classic doesn't offer 10mm due to the hub size and lack of proper support for the wheel - per IND. And, this from Turner: "10mm Fitment Note: You must be very careful when fitting 10mm spacers to any BMW. Since the depth of the hubcentric lip will vary, you risk bottoming out of the spacer before it sits flush with the hub. This will leave a gap between the spacer and the hub, seriously compromising the strength of the spacer. The lip on the car may need to be shaved down so the 10mm spacer will fit flush on the rotor hat."
12mm looks and works great
Appreciate 0