View Single Post
      03-25-2019, 01:02 PM   #45
neliconcept
Fashion Photographer
Rep
Drives: 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I am blessed enough to own two Porsche and the 911 is still aspirational for me. And it doesn’t matter which 911 you own, they are all iconic, even the fried egg headlight ones. The author of the article would probably like it if the 1967 911 were still being built today. He should just go buy one of those. And that’s the value of the brand as a sports car manufacturer.....you can easily still find them despite being a lower volume car.

Times change and car manufacturers evolve or die. The 911 has become the luxury GT and the Cayman is taking the place of the old 911.

I’m hoping to find a fairly well loaded 991.2 Carrera once the new 911s start rolling out. I will probably replace my Corvette with it.
Very True,

One thing that Porsche is doing and Mercedes and BMW should consider, is that they are restoring their classics and selling them at the dealers. You can find 60s, 70s, 80s P cars that were recently restored through their Atlanta PEC center for sell or you can have your own car restored by them. BMW and Mercedes each have amazing classics that would do well to be refreshed and on the road.
Appreciate 0