05-03-2016, 09:49 AM   #17
SeG9n7Rf58pagQt3
Private
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Because you're thinking like a car enthusiast who only cares about the idea of having a RWD drivetrain without considering what everyone else is doing in this segment and how xDrive would actually be quite beneficial given the type of car the M5 has become. The LaFerrari could have 2000HP with RWD and it would be perfectly fine because you're only driving it under certain conditions vs. the M5 which is meant to be driven all year and under any conditions.

I'm not saying xDrive is the answer for the G30 M5 but people need to start letting go of the idea that RWD still makes sense in a car that has become nothing more than large luxury cruiser that will likely have 600HP+/500TQ+. Go watch any Chris Harris review on the RS6 or E63 AMG, sure these two might lose that little bit of fun being AWD, but they strike the balance of still being fun while arguably being a better all-around car than the M5.
I understand, but M5 always was edgy car not one that you drive into fuckin mountain. Also RS6 was always AWD that's audi trademark, E63 doesn't have LSD (as i'm aware) so it's pointless car imho.

BMW was always about RWD, handling and sporty drive, and as top of range it wasn't for everybody and anytime.
Appreciate 0