View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 03:57 PM   #14
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
The C43 and the C63 are priced strategically to fit right in between the 340i and the M3. The C63 and C63S are priced right above the M3. This is all strategy. C63 owners feel like they are paying more and therefor getting the better car than the M3. C43 owners can say the same about the 340i AND they get the AMG badge. BMW has answered that with the M340i. It's all a marketing game with badges that don't mean much more than aesthetic upgrades and power boosts.
Yes.
After thinking about my initial comments, I see, and agree, that the C43 is MB's direct competitor to the non M 3 series.

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

MB's move to create the C43 pushes the price point a great amount higher respective to the current 340i Msport with which it initially competes with.

The new G20 M340i is not out yet, and when it does come to market it will replace the outgoing 340i Msport. Hopefully, BMW will not push the M340i price point towards the C43 because that will create a sales problem in my view.
The C43 is MB's tweener that loads in a lot of included was well as optional tech that pushes it's price point between the top base 3 series and the real M3.

With the advent of the C43 a potential buyer can choose between paying more, for nearly no more performance, for an
AMG C-class, or a top base 3 series, or the top performing 3 series based real M car. That choice is created by the C43's tweener price point.

Yes, it's all part of the automobile industry where image and marketing are at times more important for sales than the historic engineering efforts that created that image in the first place.

I hope the new G20 M340i is not a direct price point answer to MB's "AMG" C43 resulting in a price bump.
The F30 335/340i Msport performs admirably and competitively to the C43 at a lower price, even though it's an older model by comparison.
I'm hoping the new G20 M340i will easily match, or better still, out perform the C43, and do so at it's lower price point.
After all, BMW not only competes with MB and Audi in Europe, but they still compete with the new and very impressive Kia Stinger and Genesis G70, Alfa Romeo, Jaguar, Cadillac, etc in other markets too.

To conclude, after further review of the available information, I too agree that the C43 is a direct competitor to the 340i Msport/M340i.

And cheers to keeping the marketing hype in check and not allowing the hyperbole to raise the cost of great performing cars that mere working mortals can afford.

Last edited by RPM90; 07-20-2018 at 04:37 PM..
Appreciate 0