03-13-2017, 01:40 PM   #10
Tpeterson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i MSport/THP/MT/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Britt View Post
Interesting you ask -- I purchased (2) 1 liter cans of fluid .

I first replaced the hoses at each corner then started the bleeding at the passenger rear per normal procedure. I had so much air in the lines that I thought for sure I would run more than (1) liter.
I did have to open the 2nd liter and poured the entire liter in the Motive power bleeder. I only ended up using just a little more than a liter.
With all the air in the line I had to fill the bleeder can instead of just using it for air pressure as I done in the past for simple bleeding.
So if you are just bleeding (1) liter is more than enough but, for hose replacement I would recommend (2) Liters unless you are a pro and not a DIY hack like me.
Thank you for the info.It just seemed to me that more fluid would be needed when replacing the hoses because of the four empty new ones.
I planned on filling the bleeder also because denatured alcohol is supposed to do a good on the clean up which is otherwise difficult.
I was going to bleed each corner after I replaced each hose,but I like your method better.
I'm definitely a DIY hack, also.
Appreciate 0