05-24-2007, 08:20 AM   #1
e93
open air motoring at its best
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Angry 1 day old and already damaged!!!!!

I picked up my new 335i cab Tuesday at 5pm. I'd already booked it in to "Sol-ace" ala "Tint-a-Car" in Mann Street Gosford for the window tinting and dropped it off this morning at 9am. The speedo read 98km. I specifically asked the guy if they covered the interior with something as I was concerned about damage to the leather. He assured me they took special care. I arrived around 1 pm to collect the car - the tinting looked great. I payed for the job and walked to the car only to find a scratch about 8cm long in the paintwork just behind the drivers door. :mad: I was really pissed off and went back inside to complain. They claimed that they couldn't be responsible for this as they are very careful. Careful my ass! Basically they just stood there and denied it was there fault. I took the car to my local BMW panel shop not far away. They pointed out some other waist high scratches as well (belt buckle?)They kindly cut back the paint and removed the majority of the damage but the large scratch is too deep in places to remove entirely without the risk of cutting through the clear cote. To add insult to injury - I notice the rear ashtray is open - they have damaged the woodgrain cover too and it now has a 4cm scratch on it. I am so angry I drive back to the tinters and let them know that they have caused this damage too. Once again denial - no one has even been in the back of the car except them! BMW quoted $599 to replace the trim! I called the franchisors in Melbourne to vent my disappointment and was transferred to their NSW State Managers mobile where I left a brief message asking her to call me back. Still waiting!

I'll post updates if and when I get a responce - in the meantime you've been warned!
2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
Appreciate 0