Thread: It's arrived
View Single Post
      03-04-2020, 01:35 AM   #4
Jon7
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Picked up my new M5C in Singapore Grey, 20 plate, on day one from Chester and drove home to East Midlands. Discount was £20k off retail. I have Matt brace bars as that question seems to thread a lot? When I found the car one of the questions I asked the salesman was “Does it have adaptive headlights?” He replied it did. Day three I went out for a night drive only to find that it does but not high beam assist. Why would a manufacturer offer one without the other?

Also I’m a bit annoyed with the Connected app. Unable to check out with CarPlay. An error occurs. Can’t load 3D Remote View as the cameras can’t be activated. In summary “Un-Connected “ is more apt. BMW could learn a lot from rival apps I think.

Final moan. I’m hoping that I get some snap, crackle and pop after my 1200 run in service? I haven’t really pushed the revs and even now only have 250 miles on it but why do I feel that I may be disappointed?

All that said it’s a fantastically responsive machine with a great cabin and exterior presence. A bit of a change from the 911 Targa 4GTS daily drive that I’ve just said goodbye to.
Appreciate 0