Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by salraf View Post
Still don't get what they flagged you for? Does adding the racechip void any warranty? What did they do exactly?

I have had stage 1 in my f80 for a while and there never has been any problems when I bring it in for service.
Most of the time, dealerships will not notice or care if you have a tune or a chip. Sometimes, they will see it though, and they will flag your car. Especially if you came in for some type of engine warranty work. This will usually mean that any drivetrain warranty repair has the potential to be denied. It makes complete sense after all. BMW tuned the car carefully to a very specific set of parameters. If you're pushing all the components further than they were designed to, BMW should have the right to deny warranty coverage.

The mantra for tuning a warrantied car is that you have to be willing to sacrifice your warranty. Anyone that leases a car, puts a tune on it, then removes it and lets the second owner deal with the consequences is pretty lame, IMO. Forcing an engine to produce significantly more power than it was designed for WILL shorten an engine's life along with a lot of driveline components (e.g. transmission, diff, halfshafts, etc.)
Appreciate 2