View Single Post
      01-03-2019, 02:37 PM   #43
neliconcept
Fashion Photographer
Rep
Drives: 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
One of these days I will. But I currently have a personal problem with VW products.

Same company also has Mercedes, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bentley, Land Rover, Jaguar and Audi.

Given the same location, and the same ownership, I wonder how different the treatment is from dealership to dealership.

I have been satisfied with my BMW dealership experience so far. The sales person was helpful and worked with me to order exactly what I wanted. The Service Manager assisted me in getting BMW to buy back my 330e and graciously waited for my ordered 530e to arrive before completing the buy back.

I have always been offered a loaner whenever my car is in for service. The dealership did recently change from a free loaner (with a requirement that the car be returned with full gas) to one for $20 (one time charge and one does not have to refill the gas tank and it also covers windshield damage). Not sure how that works out for me but the convenience is worth it to me.
Penske owns like half the dealerships in the US. They own at least one Porsche here in NJ but I know they own several Jaguar/Land Rover and several BMW and other marque dealers.

I sold cars for a short while and I was told they don't buy the dealership or car but they buy the salesman. Make the experience worth it to the customer and they will more then likely come back and buy the car from you (if they were serious in the first place). I worked at Porsche of Manhattan in a different capacity doing their marketing and digital work. I would say they were on the lower end of customer satisfaction for Porsche (and they owned Lambo, Bentley, Rolls, Bugatti marquees also). It's all about owner/GM on down to Sales managers and sales reps to how someone will be treated. If the atmosphere is good at the dealer then it will be a good experience. If the place is slightly dirty and no one pays attention to you then the opposite will be the norm.
Appreciate 0